- US election 2020: How Trump has changed the world
President Trump has repeatedly declared the US “the greatest country in the world”. But according to a recent 13-nation poll by the Pew Research Center, he hasn’t done […]
- Coronavirus: US cases reach record high amid new wave of infections
Hospital admission numbers are rising, too. As of Friday, 41,485 people were being treated in hospital, according to Covid Tracking Project data. This was the highest figure since […]
- Nigeria protests: President Buhari says 69 killed in unrest
Horror over #EndSars shootings
- US Election 2020: Trump and Biden row over Covid, climate and racism
Related Topics US election 2020 media captionWhat you missed – the best bits from Trump and Biden’s final debate US President Donald Trump and his White House challenger […]
- Coronavirus: France extends overnight curfew as cases surge
Scroll table to see more data *Deaths per 100,000 people Filter: Country Deaths Death rate* Total Cases New Cases 10 100 1k 5k US 220,220 67.3 8,210,931 Brazil […]
- US Election 2020: Trump and Obama lock horns in rival rallies
play US Election 2020: Can you trust the polls?
- Pope Francis indicates support for same-sex civil unions
- Google hit by antitrust charges in US over search
Google has faced similar claims in the European Union. It is already appealing against €8.2bn ($9.5bn; £7.3bn) in fines demanded by the European Commission which include:
- US election 2020: Trump and Biden feud over debate topics
Related Topics US election 2020 media captionWho really decides the US election? US President Donald Trump and his White House challenger Joe Biden are feuding over plans for […]
- France teacher attack: Police raid homes of suspected Islamic radicals
Mr Darmanin labelled one organisation, the Collective Against Islamophobia in France (CCIF), an “enemy of the state”, and said he wanted to shut it down.
- Covid-19: Italy tightens rules after coronavirus cases surge
- France teacher attack: Rallies held to support beheaded Samuel Paty
President Emmanuel Macron said the attack bore all the hallmarks of an “Islamist terrorist attack” and the teacher had been murdered because he “taught freedom of expression”.
- Coronavirus: Empty streets in France as curfew enforced
- New Zealand election: Jacinda Ardern’s Labour Party scores landslide win
media captionJacinda Ardern: “We will not take your support for granted.” New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has won a landslide victory in the country’s general election. With […]
- Macron calls Paris beheading ‘Islamist terrorist attack’
In a tweet (in French), police urged members of the public to avoid the area.
- Coronavirus: Israel to ease second lockdown after cases decline
“However, there is no doubt that as of now there is a success here which they are already beginning to talk about and look at in many countries, […]